Research Associate, Dr. John Lewis Laboratory, Department of Oncology, University of Alberta
I have 3 years of Postdoctoral and 4 years of Industrial experience in biological science. I have considerable expertise in developing in vitro biochemical assays and cell based assays in low, medium and high throughput settings with hands-on experience in characterizing biological drugs using various bioanalytical tools. My training has provided me an in-depth knowledge and supervisory experience in the development of immunogenicity and neutralizing antibody assays as well as a strong industrial experience in bacterial and animal cell fermentation, scaleup and protein purification. I also have extensive hands-on experience in clone development and its characterization as well as a good understanding of GLP, GCP and ICH guidelines and general regulatory requirements for developing biological drugs. I am industry trained in writing method development reports, method transfer reports and validation protocols.
PhD (Biochemistry), University of Windsor, Canada
M.Tech (Biochemical Engineering), IIT BHU, India
M.Sc (Biotechnology), IIT, Roorkee, India
B.Sc, Garhwal University, India
1. Arun Raturi, Ortiz-Sandoval C, Thomas Simmen. 2014 Redox dependence of endoplasmic reticulum (ER) Ca²⁺ signaling. Histol Histopathol. 2014 May;29(5):543-52
2. Lynes E, Raturi A , Ortiz C , Simmen T et al, 2013, Palmitoylation is the switch that assigns calnexin to quality control or ER calcium signaling. J Cell Sci, 2013 Sep 3893-903
3. Raturi A. and Simmen T, 2013 , Where ER and mitochondria tie the knot: Mitochondria associated membrane. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Jan;1833(1):213-24
4. Raturi A. and Ruf W., 2010, Effect of PDI Chaperone Activity Inhibition on Tissue Factor Activity, Journal of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Aug;8(8):1863-5
5. Raturi A., Hudson J., Miersch S. and Mutus B., 2008, Platelet microparticle–associated protein disulfide isomerase promotes platelet aggregation and inactivates insulin, Biochim Biophys Acta, Dec;1778(12):2790-6.
6. Raturi A. and Mutus B., 2007, Characterization of redox state and reductase activity of protein disulfide isomerase under different redox environments using a sensitive fluorescent assay, Free Rad Biol Med, Jul 1;43:62-70.
7. Miersch S., Sliskovic I., Raturi A. and Mutus B., 2007, Rosuvastatin-dependent anti-oxidant and anti-platelet effects in a Syrian hamster model of type II diabetes, Free Rad Biol Med, Jan 15;42:270-79.
8. Raturi A., Vacratsis P.O., Seslija D., Lee L. and Mutus B., 2005, A direct, continuous, sensitive assay for protein disulphide-isomerase based on fluorescence self-quenching, Biochem J., Oct 15;391:351-57.
9. Raturi A.*, Sliskovic I.*, Mutus B. (*shared publication), 2005, Characterization of the S-denitrosation activity of protein disulfide isomerase, J Biol Chem, Mar, 11;280:8733-41.
10. Raturi A. and Mutus B., 2004, Use of 2,3-diaminonapthalene for studying denitrosation activity of protein disulfide isomerase, Anal Biochem, Mar, 15;326:281-83.