Graduate Studies with APCaRI
Researchers within APCaRI rely on trainees at all levels from senior undergraduate projects to M.Sc. to Post-Doctoral Fellows to Research Associates.
- The University of Alberta is ranked among the top 100 research universities worldwide.
- The University of Calgary was awarded five star status in the 2014 ranking of the world’s top 50 young universities by Quacquarelli Symonds Limited (QS), and was one of just nine institutions worldwide under the age of 50 singled out in the QS Stars rating.
Prospective students can find more information by following the links above.
The development of trainees into successful scientists is a core part of the Alberta Prostate Cancer Research Initiative. Graduate studies within APCaRI cover the spectrum of prostate cancer research from genetic, proteomic and metabolomics signatures of prostate cancer to targeted imaging and drug delivery to understanding the mechanisms of metastasis – all for the development of new biomarkers and tools to fight prostate cancer.
- Trainees have access to state of the art equipment and facilities to perform all levels of experimentation as well as senior staff (post-doctoral fellows and research associates) for direction and mentorship.
- For graduate and post-doctoral funding, there are many avenues that candidates can approach:
- We publish in a variety of scientific journals including all levels of upper-tier, peer-reviewed journals.
Training to be a scientist is not just about living at the bench…. that is a significant part of your training but we encourage students and trainees to meet with patients and donors at the many events we are involved in and to thoroughly enjoy the cities of Edmonton and Calgary and the whole province of Alberta.
Submit Your Resume